Measures are in place to build the requisite skills to deliver on our strategy. Learning and development initiatives are based on the need for the development of near-term critical skills and long-term organisational capabilities.
Chairman’s Young Leaders Programme
Established in 2015, the Chairman’s Young Leaders Programme (CYLP) develops young talent, building the company’s future talent pipeline.
Future Leaders Mentorship Programme
Launched in 2018, the Future Leaders Mentorship Programme provides for structured mentor/mentee relationships aimed at skills transfer and accelerated career development for CYLP alumni.
For further information, refer to <SR>2020: Integrated talent management
Policies and standards
- Anti-Bribery & Anti-Corruption Policy English, pdf Español, pdf Português, pdf Français, pdf
- Conflicts of Interest policy English, pdf Español, pdf Português, pdf Français, pdf
- Fundamental Labour Rights Policy English, pdf
- Gender Equality and Empowerment of Women Policy English, pdf
- Global Diversity and Inclusion Framework English, pdf
- Global Remuneration Policy English, pdf
- Global Transformation Policy English, pdf
- Part-Time Study Assistance Policy English, pdf
- Recruitment, Selection and Induction Policy English, pdf
- Sexual Harassment Policy English, pdf
- Social Media Policy English, pdf
Diversity and inclusion
AngloGold Ashanti’s aim is to create, nurture and support a diverse and inclusive workforce that is aligned to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC).
We do this by:
- Ensuring that our leadership teams takes full ownership of our approach to diversity and inclusion and their outputs
- Establishing clearly defined priorities and actions for the next two to five years, with associated implementation guidelines, to ensure that our diversity and inclusion objectives are entrenched in our business processes
As an organisation, we endeavour to grant equal representation to our diverse global footprint, to listen to and understand the needs of our many different stakeholders, and to acknowledge and address the challenges faced by our industry and business. To this end, we are guided by our Global Transformation Policy and our Global Diversity and Inclusion Framework.
AngloGold Ashanti’s Social, Ethics and Sustainability subcommittee of the Board sponsors the company’s diversity and inclusion initiatives.
Diversity and inclusion at Quebradona
An interview with Carolina Sánchez, geological engineer on the role of women in mining.
Helping to improve diversity and inclusion across the company
In 2019, the Global Diversity and Inclusion Framework was drafted and implemented to guide managers to achieve a truly diverse workforce.
First AngloGold Ashanti global women’s forum conference
We are working to build a company where all our employees feel comfortable and valued. One of the initiatives to foster this has been the formation of the AngloGold Ashanti Global Women’s Forum.
Strong Minds, Strong Mines
AngloGold Ashanti Australia rolled out the award-winning Strong Minds, Strong Mines (SMSM) programme across its sites in the second half of 2020 as part of its new Wellbeing@AGAA Strategy.